home care # 4: make french press cozy

#4 Make French Press Cozy

Week four and another check in the box. Check out my progress here. We'd been wrapping a towel around the french press to keep coffee hot, but there's nothing cute about that.  So, I made a cozy for our french press.  This counts as home improvement, right?

Supplies to make cozy:
  • 1/3 yard insulated batting
  • 1/3 yard lightweight cotton fabric (I used a simple natural color for the inside, but you can use another fun print and make it reversible)
  • two cute buttons (four if you want it reversible)
  • two coordinating hair bands
  • coordinating thread
  • sewing machine
  • iron and ironing board
  • need and thread
Making the cozy:
  1. To make the cozy, I started by measuring the height and width of the area that I wanted my cozy to cover.  I came up with 5.5" x 12".  
  2. To allow for a  3/4" seam allowance, I cut two pieces of the cotton fabric and one piece of the batting to 6.25"x12.75".  
  3. For the rest I copied the tutorial for making coffee cozies for takeout cups here.  I just didn't use any ironing board fabric and left the opening when stitching around the first time a little bigger, maybe 2.5 or 3 inches.  I also added a rubber band making them two inches each from the top and bottom.  You can definitely make this a reversible thing or not.
  4. Voila, it's done. 

Thanks for reading!
xoxo Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment